Suggest treatment for insect bite allergy

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I think I got bite twice by a spider on the leg and on my neck the leg seems to be healing good not much pain and swelling any more but the neck is not healing as well I am getting hot flashes to the bottom of my right foot the bite was on the right side of my neck concern thanks
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 5 hours later
Brief Answer: The infection of bite site has to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Are you sure that you got two spider bites? Spider bites and other insect bites cause little pain, redness and/or irritation of the bite site. Severe systemic symptoms like shortness of breath, hypersensitivity reaction in other parts of body, rash, etc are less common. In cases of bite, anti-histaminic drugs are used to alleviate the symptoms. Histamine is a chemical substance which causes all the above mentioned symptoms. I hope you have taken an anti-histaminic drugs. Failure of the bite site to heal can occur if the site gets infected. Consult your doctor for clinical examination of the bite site to rule out infection. If infected antibiotics may be required. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal