Suggest treatment for inflammed bulging after wasp bite

Dear Doctor, last week a wasp bit on my finger and my whole palm got swollen. I applied balm ( tiger balm ) and it was cured in couple of days. Now I see a bulge at the point where the wasp has bitten. Can you pls let me know what shall I do.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antibiotic cream like Mupirocin should be used. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Thanks for writing to us. It seems from your query that you developed local infection at that point , since it is bulging and looks inflammed. I advise in such cases to apply a local antibiotic cream like Mupirocin over it. I prefer to add combination of NSAIDs + Serratiopeptidase (like Zynase-D) situations where patient has a lot of pain and swelling. Also , adding an Anti-Histaminic drug like Cetrizine , would help. However , since the bite was 1 week back , anti histaminics may not help much. But ,at present , antibiotic cream should be applied , as there is always a risk of developing a more serious infection called as Cellulitis. You may discuss with your doctor about my opinion , i am sure he/she will agree. I hope I am able to solve your query , still if you have any query please ask me , else you may please close the discussion and rate it.