Suggest treatment for infertility

Infertility Specialist
I am trying for natural pregnancy(This is my secondary infertility). First one was a normal pregnancy however 10 years back. I was asked to undergo hysteroscopy on consulting a doctor.All reports are normal and perfect. Even blood reports and my husbands sperm analysis reports are all normal. However this month I did not conceive, I got my periods on 9th Feb. As I had hysteroscopy done last month, my periods this time was delayed to 8-10 days. My problem is my husband stays abroad, and he will be here for next 1 month and then away for 5-6 months. I was also advised to take OOSure, Benforce-M and All9 tablets daily twice. I wanted to know what are these tablets for and can I continue even now. Secondly can Siphene 100 mg be taken to speed up ovulation. I cannot get in touch with my infertility expert now as he is away. Can you suggest me. Doctors on Healthcare magic have always helped me out in such situations. How do I track my ovulation in such situations as i have this one month chance.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitamin supplements & insulin sensitizers. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX All the medicines you are taking are vitamin supplements & insulin sensitizers. Oosure & Benforce M reduce insulin resistance & are thought to aid ovulation. Especially in PCOS patients, they are helpful in reducing dose of medicine required for ovulation induction. All9 are vitamin supplements. You can continue all those medicines as advised by your doctor. One cycle of unprotected intercourse in woman with normal ovulation & patent tubes gives 25-30% chance of pregnancy. To get a decent chance of pregnancy, you need to try for 6-7 months (70-80% chance of conception). If possible, husband can plan visits, so that you at least get chance of conception for 2 cycles per visit. Other option is to freeze husband's semen & do IUI (intrauterine insemination) in the remaining 5-6 months when husband is absent. (If it is acceptable to you). Whatever may be the plan, remember that woman's fertility declines after 37 year's of age due to declining ovarian reserve & so try to conceive as early as possible. Regarding intake of siphene, it depends on your regularity of menstrual cycles. If they are irregular (implying anovulation), siphene will help in conception. With regular ovulation, its of little benefit (unless you make 2-3 follicles in siphene cycle). To formulate exact plan, kindly provide following details: 1. How are your menstrual cycles (Regular/irregular & frequency of cycles). 2. Husband's semen analysis report. 3. Whether any tubal patency test was done & what was the result of the test. 4. Whether you are willing to freeze semen & use for IUI in husband's absence. Awaiting reply. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infertility 1 hour later
Doctor, We have been trying these treatments from last 4 years. Have done IUI in the past 2 times, but failed then also. Frequency of cycles normally is 30 days. However this time it was 40 days almost, due to hysteroscopy done in 20th day of my cycle in Dec 2013. All tests are done, tubes, cervial cancer, tb infection, etc all reports are normal. Freezing semens may not be an option for us. My Fertility expert told me that we have potential of normal conception as all reports are clean. Thanks for ur answer on tablets. Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: No treatment guarantees pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. No fertility treatment guarantees pregnancy, treatment is given to improve chance of pregnancy. One cycle of IUI gives 10-25% chance of pregnancy depending on what medications were used for ovarian stimulation. Two failed IUI cycles doesn't mean that you can't conceive through IUI. Though your doctor is true regarding potential for natural conception, we also have to take into account the fact that you are trying for pregnancy just for 2-3 cycles in a year. So there is a need to go for treatment which increases chance of pregnancy over & above that offered by natural intercourse. There are two such treatments: One is superovulation with IUI (superovulation is making more than 2-3 follicles preferably with FSH injections) & second is IVF/ICSI. Superovultion with IUI will cost less (Rs10000 to 30000/- depending on medicines used & hospital expenses), but will give less chance than IVF/ICSI. IVF/ICSI is costly (Rs1 to 2lacs/-), but gives maximum chance of pregnancy. Now with only one cycle remaining for achieving pregnancy, I would suggest superovulation with IUI. Kindly let me know if you have difference of opinion or any other query. Awaiting reply. Regards.