Suggest treatment for infertility inspite of having regular ovulation

Infertility Specialist
Hii. Me and my wife we both are of age 28. We are trying for a baby from last three months but unsuccessful everytime. We do not understand where we are going wrong. We are also using OPKs to check the exact dates and trying in most fertile days. My wife is on Homeopathic treatment for her various things and I am also on medication for my hairloss (Multivitamin Revital & Saw Palmetto herb). Please suggest any tests or special precautions or tips to follow. Thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Chance of pregnancy with each cycle if everything is fine (Normal semen, regular ovulation & patent tubes) is 25-30%, which stands for 85-90% chance with one year of unprotected intercourse. As you said, wife's ovulation is regular, other two things need evaluation. Out of the two semen analysis is non invasive & can be done easily. You can get it done (if not already done) from any standard lab. Regarding wife's tubes; if she had no past history suggestive of pelvic infection (like fever with lower abdominal pain & foul smelling vaginal discharge), she need not undergo any tubal test right now. You can do it if she doesn't conceive in 9-12 months. Coming to tips to increase chance of conception, one golden rule is to have regular sexual intercourse at least 2-3 times a week (excluding during menses) irrespective of fertile period & to have it daily if possible during fertile period (that is from day 10 to day18 of menstrual cycle if cycle is of 28-30 days: The day menses start is counted as day one). This reduces anxiety, as anxiety to conceive itself can reduce fertility & reduce chance of conception. If ovulation is confirmed to be happening regularly in one/two cycles, no need to go on repeating tests (OPKs) to time intercourse, as it increases anxiety, reduces performance & reduces fertility. So in summary, you need only one test (If wife doesn't have history suggestive of pelvic infection): semen analysis. As you both are young, pregnancy should happen easily if semen analysis comes normal. The medicines you & your wife are taking are not likely to affect fertility, no need to worry for that. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.