Suggest treatment for infective lesion over the penis

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doc i have a very small pea sized light red patch or ulcer kind of the thing on my Penis for last 1 month or so. have been applying anti fungal cream Quadridem for last 1 week with which the flaking seems to have gone but the patch remains there
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Form the description, it looks like you have developed some form of an infective lesion over the penis. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesion. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesion that you have and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell if you have any associated itching or pain? Did you have any outside contact or any problems in the partner? Any similar lesions in the past? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infective lesion over the penis 3 hours later
Thanx Doc it does not itch or pain but i showed to Urologist nearby hospital and he has asked be to put a cream Tenovate for 2 weeks as he diaganosed it a Ventigilo on Glans have uploaded one picture for you to respon

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 hours later
Brief Answer: picture not received Detailed Answer: Hi I have not received the picture that you have uploaded. Please try uploading it again or mail it to the given mail Id. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infective lesion over the penis 13 hours later
Have uploaded the picture

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Eczematous skin lesion Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have seen the attached picture. The skin lesion that you have looks like a lesion of either eczema or psoriasis but the diagnosis can be confirmed only by a skin biopsy. I would advise you to stop applying quadriderm cream. You can start application of a potent steroid cream like tenovate over the affected area twice a day only for a week. If however the lesion tends to persist inspite of the above treatment, then stop application of the cream and see a nearby dermatologist for further management which might require a skin biopsy . Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infective lesion over the penis 25 minutes later
Thanx Doc as mentioned i have been applying Tenovate for last 2 days as adviced by a Urologist at a hospital nearby and he has suggested for 2 weeks and have seen some change am attaching a latest picture pls suggest as per you if you noticed some change Thanx

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Eczematous skin lesion Detailed Answer: Hi again Yes I have seen the picture. The medicine that you are using seems to be helping. I would advise you to continue its application for five more days. Do not apply it more than seven days. After that you can follow up with the latest pictures either here on this forum or you can see a nearby dermatologist. I am sure it will help you. Dr Geetika Paul