Suggest treatment for infection in penis foreskin after circumcision

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Hi Doctor, I have a problem after circumcision , under my penis next to the vein I'm not sure if you called hard lump or bubble or clots but that ball is inside my foreskin and is inching. Should I visit my Doctor to oparate again or should I keep on scratch ing . Please advice.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes,you should consult your surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,you need to consult your surgeon. It may be due to infection,hematoma. You shouldn't scratch it. You need clinical examination. It is important to see wound site and need palpation of lump. If it seems to be due to infection then antibiotics will heal it. Hematoma management depend upon size.Large size may need aspiration. You don't need to be operated again.Conservative measures will give you relief. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection in penis foreskin after circumcision 19 minutes later
I spoke with my doctor already he said he have to open it again. That's why decided to consult you people to advice me . I don't know if I can do xray first or what kind of medication should I use to cure this problem.

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is important to know diagnosis of your doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back It is important to know how many days back surgery was done and diagnosis of your surgeon. Probably it is due to infection or hematoma. You may require small incision.Don't get scared. You should take antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs after the procedure. Take care of local hygiene. X-ray is not useful in your case. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection in penis foreskin after circumcision 4 hours later
Hi Doctor, When you talk about Hematoma and Palpatine of lump I get confuse because my penis has hard bump, when I check the pictures of what you just mention is totally differ. This problem just started now like six weeks , the hard bump is been there more than 20years . But now I feel like I have a cute that's why is inching. My surgeon told me that they have to open the bump without doing x ray, it is normal? His not swollen, only inching this day Be patient am not good in English All the best XXXX

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Most likely it is a benign condition. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back As lump is from last 20 years,most likely it is a benign condition. It may be due to many reasons.It may be due to cyst,calcified hematoma etc. If possible,please upload the pictures of concerned part. X-ray is not useful in your case. However Ultrasound may be useful in your case. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX