Suggest treatment for hip pain after a fall when suffering from Lewy body

My husband has Lewy body he fell and says left hip hurts there is no swelling or bruising yet should be concerned?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, monitor the pain! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this fall that your husband suffered. It is normal to feel some pain after a fall. However, the intensity of the pain should be mild and gradually reduce over time. Some pain medications like tylenol or Ibuprofen would be able to help offer some relief to this. However, the following should prompt immediate consultation: 1. Persistence or worsening of the pain. 2. Inability to bear weight on the left hip like being unable to walk on his left leg. Please, falls in elderly can have severe consequences like fractures. I will suggest that you get your home assessed and adapted for elderly to prevent falls. Also, get counseled on measures to prevent falls especially during walking around the home. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish your husband well and the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.