Suggest treatment for high fever

My 2yr old daughter has been running fever 100-103 for 12hrs. She says her forehead hurts and eyes. Has no respiratory or congestion distress. Im concerned of giving aspirin due to Reynes (sp?) disease associations. Ive kept her hydrated with high vitamin C juice watered down. How should I treat?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ibuprofen, or Acetaminophen Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry your daughter is not well. I agree with you about the aspirin. It is unwise to give to a 2 year old. You are already doing one of the most important things, keeping her well hydrated. For the fever, if you have access to children's ibuprofen, or children's acetaminophen, you could administer either one in the appropriate dosage. If not, often a cool compress to the forehead can be helpful. If the fever persists for another 24-48 hours, I recommend you consult with your doctor. Regards,