Suggest treatment for headaches,swelling and tenderness after an injury
User rating for this question
2 days ago I sustained blunt force from a cupboard door to my left temple cheekbone area. Since then I have bad headaches with swelling and tenderness to the area. Should I seek treatment.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Visit a doctor if the headache is very severe. Detailed Answer: Hi, Swelling and tenderness are common clinical manifestation of acute injury. It takes sometime to resolve. Ice therapy and topical antinflammatory creams and ointments may be helpful. However if the headache is very severe and untolerable, it would be worthwhile to visit a doctor. A CT scan of head is sufficient to exclude sinister injuries. Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to ask for clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- Is double vision a side effect of accutane?
- Is stomach pain a side effect of brisdelle?
- Is pale stools a side effect of macrodantin?
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Is shuffling walk a side effect of loxapine?
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone after an injury
- Suggest treatment for headachesswelling and tenderness after an injury
- Pseudotumor cerebri natural cures
- Lecithin and pseudotumor cerebri
- Low rbc in cerrebrla palsy
- Pseudotumor cerebri opening pressure lying on stomach
- Is muscle pain a side effect of alphagan p?
- Pseudotumor cerebri neck tightness
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells after an injury
- Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury