Suggest treatment for headaches,swelling and tenderness after an injury

2 days ago I sustained blunt force from a cupboard door to my left temple cheekbone area. Since then I have bad headaches with swelling and tenderness to the area. Should I seek treatment.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Visit a doctor if the headache is very severe. Detailed Answer: Hi, Swelling and tenderness are common clinical manifestation of acute injury. It takes sometime to resolve. Ice therapy and topical antinflammatory creams and ointments may be helpful. However if the headache is very severe and untolerable, it would be worthwhile to visit a doctor. A CT scan of head is sufficient to exclude sinister injuries. Hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to ask for clarifications. Regards