Suggest treatment for hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia

I am having hereditary hairfall problem. My hairs are thin and frequent hairfall. Kindly suggest to stop the hair fall and to grow back the hairs.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing to us. You seem to be suffering from androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. If the baldness is at initial stages, it can be treated by application of minoxidil solution 5 percent 1ml twice daily over scalp along with oral finesteride 1mg daily. Usually four to six months are required to see response. If alopecia is at advanced stage, hair transplant might be required. I would be able to help you more, if you could let me know Since how long you are having hair fall Area and extent of involvement Medicines taken so far If possible upload an image of tour scalp depicting area of hair loss. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care