Suggest treatment for hair fall

Hi Sir, I am facing hair fall problem and feeling very less density on my hair. Now i am using grossberry and lemon juice on my hair to prevent hair fall is it fine. or should i do something else. Thanks XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: HAIR FALL Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Can you upload a picture of your scalp so that I can assess and guide you better.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hair fall 6 days later
I have uploaded my scalp photographs
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You have male pattern baldness Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. Thanks for the photograph. You are having hair loss mainly from the vertex and frontal scalp and less over the sides and back of scalp. This is a patterned hair fall seen in Male pattern baldness. There are US FDA approved treatments for it like topical minoxidil 5 % solution and Finasteride tablets. These are prescription medicines. Vitamin supplements like Biotin and calcium pantothenate along with minerals daily for 3 months will also help. One thing you should realize is this hair loss is in your genes. Whatever treatment you will be on will halt the process. Once treatment is stopped genes will take over. So we need to maintain the treatment on a long term. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.