Suggest treatment for gastroperesis

General Surgeon
been suffering for years from chronic constipation so bad the only effective way to go was to dig it out rock by rock (very painful)just came home from hosp two weeks ago, taken by ambulance when the pain in my very lower back into my abdomin was at a tru #10. where the x-rays and cat showed nothing, i was rushed out before we got the results of the mri, i was just coming up when my dr was there to release me.after.some shots in my spine and sent me home.(there were no rooms in the hosp and they were rushing patients out left and right.) lately i'm having terrible bouts between water dierrea and constipation,never a normal bowel movement. belching and the strangest thing is if i eat lets say peanut butter on monday its still sitting in my stomach on wenesday i know because i can taste it when i belch which i think is gross far a lady. sometimes my stomach will rumble for 8 hours loud enough to hear across the room and wont stop until i fall asleep.(empty or full. full is 1 chicken wing, i have no appetite for years but do not loose weight.) and its a CONSTANT rumble. i throw up small amouts of clear or slightly colored slime thru out the day.i did buy a nutabullet and started drinking my vegetables and fruits and nuts,seeds. also added the best probiotic and the very best mushroom complex i think is on the market (could be wrong) cut out processed foods, white sugar, flour.....last year they found a large mass on my colon in the mri, with the colonoscopy it was just gone! iv'e been constipated for years in tears from the pain!! i cant remember a normal bm. the dieria is can my food sit in my stomach for days? they did a test 2-3 years ago, right idea, to see if the food went into my stomach.or maybe into my intestines from my stomach, cant fully remember all the tests... well i think the test is flawed because how hard is it for 1 TBLS of slimy oatmeal to go thru on an empty stomach?!
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: looks like gastroperesis to me Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. What i have concluded from your detailed history is that you have gastroperesis...lazy bowel...dont know if you have been told this before... I also dont know about if you have ever been prescribed promotility drugs like levosulpride and if yes, had they worked for you... If not...then i would highly recommend you to give it a try...that is one of the best drug available for gastroperesis...with a good saftey profile...but that being a prescription need to see your local doctor for the same...if you get it...start initially thrice a day and then slowly you can reduce the frequency if the response is good... Till then...continue on a high fiber diet of oats and bananas and fresh curds...they will take care of your diarrhea... Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further query, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma