Suggest treatment for gastritis

Hello Doctor, I am 30-year-old male with gastritis. Even after a lot of courses from different GI specialists my pain still persists now and then. Now a days, whenever I severe pain in the epigastric region, I take Myospaz (prescribed previously by my doc) in the night and it relieves my pain by the morning, but I would like to know how often can i do that or is Myospaz can be taken for gastritis ? Hoping for your response...XXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's not the treatment of gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Myospaz is a muscle relaxant. It is not meant for treating gastritis. Yes if you have irritable bowel syndrome, where there may be alternating diarrhoea and constipation with spasmodic abdominal pain which use to relieve on passing stool, you may benefit ot some extent... If you have solely gastritis, I don't think this is needed. Best wishes
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for gastritis 2 days later
Hello Doctor, Thank you for this useful information. As I have already told you, I have tried many different medications through different providers and my problem (gastritis) still persists and I am tired of taking anymore medications daily twice or thrice, I would like to know about a healthy diet for my gastritis and clear up my gastritis.
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can try these Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. Few lifestyle measures can help you. Take fibre containing diet. Take small frequent meals. Avoid spicy hot and heavy fatty diet. Avoid drinking water just after meal, may take some sips. Drink water after 1-1.5 hr after food. Maintain a gap of 1 hr between dinner and going to bed....Can make head end of the bed slightly elevated... Best wishes
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for gastritis 26 hours later
Thank you sir, will definitely follow your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 4 days later
Brief Answer: thanks and best wishes Detailed Answer: Thanks and best wishes