Suggest treatment for fungal infection on foot

Ever since I went out on our deck in socks and got them wet from the dampness in our outdoor carpet I have had problems with scaley places that itch on the side, top, and bottom of my foot. It seemed to be going away, but now I have a placeon the palm of my hand. Could it be a fungus? If so, what should I do? I am between doctors right now and cannot show anyone.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, You might have developed fungal infection. Dampness and moisture encourages fungal growth. Treatment can be with oral antifungals as well as with topical antifungals. Various antifungal powders like candid, clodid etc are available. These can help reduce the moisture as well as control the infection. you can use any of these. Please dont use any steroid, it can worsen your condition. If possible upload a photograph. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better line of management. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Wishing you good health, Thank you