Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region

Hi i have an itch in the groin area for some time. I have tried Candid B cream and that didn't work. Withfield Oinment while this is relieving the itch it is not removing it. Lotrizone cream is curing it or a while but after about 3 weeks it comes back. Could you recommend something for this since it is very annoying and uncomfortable. Thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Steroid creams lead to recurrence Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Now you seem to have developed a fungal infection in the groin region . The main problem in your case is that of recurrence . I would like to tell you that since you are using a steroid cream for this condition, the condition will never heal completely . You simply need to apply a topical antifungal like canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day . Do not apply any steroids since they do not heal the infection, instead they simply mask the signs of infection for a while and on stopping their application, the infection tends to reappear. Apply the medicine continously for atleast two weeks. Do not apply any other cream or oil over it . Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease sweating . Take oral antihistamine like claritin for the associated itching . Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul