Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin area

I have a horrible rash in my right groin area there are cracks in my sky, there is a bad Oder and itching around the edges.i m worried because thr rash iasalmot to my waist and almost into my vaginal area. I XXXXXXX have an infected r ear and a really bad infections my hair on thr r hand sir. I have a rash in my groin on y right. It has gotten worse and has moved up to my waist. I also have an infected r ear and what sees t be dandruff only thicker on the R side of my head are they connected? What do I do? . . . . N
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be fungal skin infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The changes in the skin which you see around your groin and dandruff appears to be a type of dermatitis. It can happen due to allergy bacterial and fungal infection. The rash often spreads to the adjoining skin and is itchy in nature. Here are some tips to help cure this condition: 1. Keep the skin clean and dry. 2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling fungal infection. 3. Wash and dry the area first. 4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the rash and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry your hands afterward. 5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days. To prevent the infection from spreading: 1. Wash all towels in warm, soapy water and then dry them. 2. Use a new towel and wash cloth every time. 3. Clean sinks, bathtubs, and bathroom floors well after using. 4. Wear clean clothes every day and do not share clothes This condition usually responds to topical medications mentioned above within 4 weeks. Severe or resistant cases usually respond quickly to antifungal medicines taken orally, which may need your doctor's prescription. You can also apply lacto calamine lotion or a steroid based ointment to soothe the itching. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL