Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for frequent urination at night leading to disturbed sleep when having mild prostate?

Jul 2016

Sir, i got mild prostate as per sonograhpy done & taking medicine as per doctor advice. i feel heavy down after urination within half an hour without taking water also. so i cant ravel night bus journey & don't XXXXXXX sleep full night at home Dialy. i wake up at 2 am night for urine passing & not get sleep till morning. can you please advice me any medicine or healty tips so that i can get good sleep full night at my home.Night time frequent urination 4/5 times without taking water before sleep. so please advice. thanks XXXX urnine passing & no sleep after that till morning. Kindly advice me
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Bladder Neck Obstruction. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have nocturnal frequency of urination. Assuming that your diabetes is well controlled and your Ultrasound scanning revealed mild enlargement of prostate ,your symptoms could be due to Bladder Outlet Obstruction due to what is called as Bladder Neck Obstruction.where symptoms are similar to enlarged Prostate. This can be confirmed only on endoscopic examination of Bladder (Cystoscopy). Please consult qualified Urologist for Cystoscopic Evaluation. Pleae start taking alpha blockers like Tomsulosin once daily at night which relax smooth muscles of the bladder neck and help in reducing the nocturnal frequency. If confirmed on cystoscopy and symptoms persist even after taking Tomsulosin you may need to undergo endoscopic surgery of Bladder Neck Incision. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.