Suggest treatment for frequent small red dots on penis glans

General Surgeon
Hello, I'm 46 and I frequently get small red dots on penis glans. Sometimes only one that lately splits into two and so on ... They seems to be a little above the surface of the skin. They don't itch and I don't have any pain. They disappeare after 3 month or so. Could you please give me an advice how can I get rid of it? I have already tried with Lamisil but with no success. Big thanks !!!
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to blockage of ducts Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXX Presence of Chronic sub clinical chronic that is long standing inflammation of the glans of penis leads to blockage of ducts of glans causing the smegma to get inspissated causing sterile inflammation of the glands appearing like red dots. Just local application of antifungal cream won't be sufficient. I would suggest you the following 1. Hot seitz bath; to a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day. It will relieve the blockage. 2. Local application of Steroid ointment like Betamethasone applied twice daily for 3 weeks will be beneficial. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon