Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough

Hello Doctor, Sorry for coming back little late to you. I am attaching few more photos of my nephew XXXX yes he gets frequently cold and cough. Also there is family history of Asthma, child's father and grandfather both have Asthma. kindly suggest. Thanks, XXXX -------------- Detailed Answer: Hello dear,Welcome to healthcaremagic.I have read your query and can understand your concern for your nephew XXXX .Thanks for attaching the pics.From the pics, I can see multiple raised lesions with redness on abdomen. On hand, i am able to appreciate only red colored rash.With this information considering the age and as evident from the pics, the following possibilities are there:1) molluscum contagiosum : it is characterised by multiple white colored lesions with central indentation to start with. Later the lesions and surrounding area may turn red as a result of inflammation. On squeezing, cheesy white material comes out.2) Atopic dermatitis: characterised by dry skin with recurrent red colored rash. There can be overlying secondary infection leading to formation of discharging lesions.Kindly tell me how the lesions started? Is there history of recurrent cough and cold in child? Is there any history of asthma in family? Kindly reply to my questions and if possible kindly send a close up pic of the raised lesions so that i can have a better view of the lesions.If you have any further query, you may ask me. Good luck. Replied by Dr. XXXXXXX Bansal , 4 days ago Query asked on 16-Feb: --------------------------------------------- My nephew XXXX is 1 yr 5 months old kid, has several skin patches on entire body from last 7-8 months, which causes itching and also some puss kind of liquid comes out. Consulted with local doctors and seems they are not able to find out root cause. Currently he is on Hicope Syrup 1.5 ml 3 times, Fusiwal M cream 2 times every day and Wormectol syrup. Need your advise on this, i have attached few photos as well of him. -----------
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Atopic dermatitis is possible Detailed Answer: Hello Dear, Welcome again. Thanks for replying to my questions and attaching for more pics. I have seen all the pics and read your replies. It seems that your child is suffering from Atopic dermatitis. It is an allergic condition of skin characterised by generalized dry skin with frequent skin rashes. Often history of frequent cold and cough is seen. very usually family history of asthma is also found. Your doctor has correctly prescribed you syp hicope, wormectol and fusiwal M cream. You may continue to use it. I will additionally advice you to put lots of good moisturizer on the body of your nephew for making the skin supple and prevent further dryness and rash. The condition will slowly improve with time. If you have further query, you may ask me. I will be happy to help you further. Good luck.