Suggest treatment for frequent asthma attacks

Question

I am suffering from Asthma since my child hood. I am 32 years old male. From last 10-12 years I am using Asthalin Inhaler on SOS basis. I have to use 10 times in a day. My doctor suggested Seroflo 250 (twice a day). From day one there is huge difference. Now I don't need to take more than 1 asthlin puff in 5-6 days. Want to know, can i use Seroflo for long term? what are side effects?
Posted Mon, 17 Nov 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can continue seroflo.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for asking Health care magic forum.
I have gone through your query.As you were getting asthma attack so often asthalin (salbutamol) alone is ineffective.You need inhalation steroids in such case.You are given seroflo which has a corticosteroid fluticasone and Beta adrenergic receptor agonist salmeterol.
You can take seroflo for long term.As it is used as inhalation very minute amount of drug may go into systemic circulation.So there wont be any alarming side effects.You should always wash your mouth after using inhaler as presence of steroid in mouth can cause oral candidiasis.
Hope this may help you.Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks