Suggest treatment for fracture of the nasal bone with septal haematoma

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello, A week ago today a baby headbutted me in my nose, I have seen my gp but I am confused, He said it is clearly broken, due to the swelling and congealed blood which is present up my nose. This was on Thursday AM, He prescribed me co-codamol 15/500 and Naproxen 500 mg to try to help with the pain but It isn't helping I am in a lot of pain from it despite taking co-codamol and Naproxen plus my Regular meds.. In 2011 I had a Rhinoplasty due to a curve in my nose bone internally couldn't be seen from outside but it was impacting my breathing and speech.. Since I saw my General Practitioner on Thursday AM in the afternoon it started bleeding but it was pouring out not trickling, this continued for several days but has settled....... But the Pain is very very bad. I am using Ice and hot compress the ice helps for a few minutes but then as soon as I take it off the pain escalates. I have been told there is little that can be done till the bone heals and corrects itself, which could take weeks. What can I do to help the pain, Also with the Rhinoplasty could the baby of undone the work that was done by my ENT surgical team, whom I am still under for a Salivary Gland stone, I am not due to see them till the 6th Feb 2013
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 14 days later
Brief Answer: may need to incision and drainage Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query, it suggests that you may be suffering from the fracture of the nasal bone with septal haematoma. For this you may need to go for incision and drainage of the haematoma because it is absolutely necessary in this condition for relieve from the pain and to prevent the progression of the disease. To reach the near diagnosis you may go for X ray nasal bone and send me the images of of your x ray and your face by front and lateral view. Please consult your ENT specialist as early as possible for better diagnosis and management. Wish you good health

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fracture of the nasal bone with septal haematoma 9 hours later
hi I live in th United Kingdom and we aren't allowed to have the images as its bleed constantly today im going to go to the accodent and emergency tomorrow one question im currently feeling queezy and very dizzy could this be the blood loss ? alsi could any of my medications be causing the bleeding as its abnormal for me to bleed like this especially my nose as it normally bleeds backwards

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Posterior bleeding may be due to HT Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, Posterior (bleeds backward) bleeding may be due to the hypertension. If you have high blood pressure, it would be worthwhile to get your pressure checked. Besides that painkiller may be responsible, but the list given by you is not most probably related this. Wish you good health

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fracture of the nasal bone with septal haematoma 12 hours later
hello I went to the Accident and emergency today and they wouldn't do anything as its not actively bleeding so I have to wait to see my ent dr next week. my bp was 194/86 02 100% resp 12 pulse 99 temperature 37.7 im not sure whether these vitals are good or not ? im very tired currently but just can't sleep

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 41 hours later
Brief Answer: Vitals are not good Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your follow up query; it suggests that your vitals are not good. In your above mentioned vitals your blood pressure is high mainly systoloic pressure and in the above mentioned answer I also suggests that your posterior bleeding may be due to the hypertension. Thanks

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fracture of the nasal bone with septal haematoma 11 hours later
hello thank u for responding I took my vitals again today and they were the same except bp 197/90 could all this point to my bpdy starting to loose the fight with the infections in my salivary gland ? or just high blood pressure

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Just high blood pressure Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query; it most most probably suggests that your problem due to the high blood pressure. Thanks