Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for foul smelling urine

I have been having foul smelling urine for weeks( sulfur) I have had many UTI's in the past, but this smell is not linked to any of the typical UTI symptoms. The smell is so bad, it makes me light-headed.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem there can be many reasons for foul smelling urine , pin pointing one will be difficult at this time but still I will advise you to get a urine routine microscopy done to see if there is any pus cell or proteins in it . It can also be due to sudden diet change or passage of very concentrated urine and addition of multivitamins even . So, only after urine examination we will be able to say anything since no other accompanying feature is there. Take care. Dr. Shruti