Suggest treatment for fluttering heart with slight chest pain

54 yr old male who has struggled with anxiety and panic over the years, but typically not a problem. Cholesterol is high but countered by good Cholesterol--on the bubble for meds. Four weeks ago, woke early morning with racing heart that dissipated within a few minutes. Since that time, have noticed many instances of a fluttering heart, slight pains in chest that come and go, a feeling of indigestion that remains constant, some back pain, and most peculiar, difficulty sleeping, often waking with a tingling sensation. I work out quite a bit and haven't experienced any pain or shortness of breath. Since I struggle with anxiety, not sure if it's panic attacks or legitimate concerns. My father did pass away from a major heart attack in his early 70's. Hate to ask my doctor--struggled last year with chronic sinusitis that didn't respond to antibiotics and think I drove him crazy.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I will like to tell you that considering your age I will definitely recommend you to see a cardiologist soon as possible as this fluttering sensation could be possibly arrythmias in the heart . Since you have a history of dyslipidemia also ,the more is the reason to worry . You should get an ECG , 2 D ECHO done to rule out any evidence of cardiac abnormalities or coronary artery disease . Without these nothing can be said and no treatment can be suggested .So , I will advise you to see a cardiologist as soon as possible . Take care. Dr. Shruti