Suggest treatment for fever

Hi Doctor, my daughter is suffering from fever from 4 days, it was mild 99F coming once in a day, we used to give calpol. today morning it has come in morning around 7 around 99F and in the afternoon it was 102F. I had given calpol 250mg,6 ml (she is 5yrs, 19.5kg) . In the evening around 5.30 it was again102. so we gave Meftal-P(5ml). but still the fever around 9PM is around 101.2F. What we should give to her to reduce the fever? We had been to our pediatrician yday but he told no infection, but she has a caugh. Urine test was also done today evening but there is no urine infection also. Kindly help.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I suggest you to ; -record fever 4 hourly and give calpol when it is above 100F. -give meftal p 12 hourly. This time give calpol. In case fever is above 102 do tepid sponging of whole body. Fevers are mostly viral in nature and settles in few days. Give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet. In case fever persist and continues to be on higher side after 48 hours get her re evaluated by pediatrician to see for any focus of infection and treat accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless.....
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever 2 days later
Hi Doctor, It was not a viral fever. My daughter has been diagnosed with "tonsillitis" infection. Doctor has given "augmentin", which was started from yesterday night. But still my daughter continued to have the fevers with shivering, today evening she had a fever of 106F, coz of which we had to go to the hospital for emergency. the docotr has now also started "azithromycin". My Q to you is is it fine to give both 'augmentin" and "azithromycin" togetherr? we have alsready started the 'azithromycin' from this night.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your followup. Antibiotic usually take 48 hours to act. If such patient comes to my clinic I will give single antibiotic. Since you have given one dose of azithromycin complete course. In case fever persist I will suggest some tests like CBC, urine examination. Continue with antipyretics. Give plenty of fluids. Hope this helps. Take care..