Suggest treatment for fever

Hi, I have a 12 mo who has a high temp of 39.7, obviously feels quiet warm to the touch, except his hands and feet, They feel ice cold.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I suggest you to : -given acetaminophen as per dosage 15mg/kg body weight 4to 6hourly till fever is above 100F. -do sponging with tepid water. -give plenty of fluids. In case fever persist after 24 hours get her examined by pediatrician to see for any focus of infection . Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless .