Suggest treatment for fever with sputum leading to bad taste in mouth?

I have a really bad cough. Temp is 99 and I have a really bad taste in my mouth and on my lips. It tastes like sickness
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Hello, I deeply understand your concern. I can address your concern better if you can provide some more information here. - Do you have expectoration (sputum production)? If yes, what colour is the sputum? - Since how long do have fever and cough? - Does your cough subside/increase lying down flat? - Are you having chills or rigors? - Are you taking any medication? Please feel free to share the above information to help us analyze better. Keep us posted thanks.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever with sputum leading to bad taste in mouth? 1 hour later
I do have sputum production and the cough increases quite a bit when I lay down flat.the fever and cough have been going on for a few days. And the sputum is a dark orange type color. And I take celexa daily
Answered by Dr. Praveen 9 hours later
Brief Answer: This can be Pneumonia Detailed Answer: Hello.Thanks for writing back. Fever with sputum production is indicative of lung infection especially Pneumonia. I strongly suggest you to get a chest X-ray(to rule out pneumonia) done as soon as possible & get evaluated by your doctor.No matter this has to be treated with antibiotics and antipyretics.Please do not neglect & act quickly. Celexa can be continued. Hope this helps. Get well soon.