Suggest treatment for fever with respiratory symptoms

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
I have a 8 month old son who started havin fever monday about 8 pm he has had runny nose prior to fever and cough i cant seem to break his fever completely
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax.,there is nothing to worry. Fever with respiratory symptoms are mostly viral in nature and settles in few days. I suggest you to: -monitor fever every 4 to 6 hourly and give acetaminophen in case fever is above 100F. In prescribed done 15 mg/kg body weight. Give plenty of warm fluids. Give steam inhalation. In case symptoms persist after 48 hours get him examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be required Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless..

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever with respiratory symptoms 2 minutes later
Is it ok to cover him with blanket with fever

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your follow up. At time of fever do not put more clothes. Cover with cotton sheet. In case fever is above 102 do tepid sponging. Hope this helps. Take care

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever with respiratory symptoms 1 minute later
Thank u

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 minute later
Brief Answer: you are welcome. Detailed Answer: We at health care magic are always glad to help you. God bless..