Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
i am 29 years old my penis is circumcised but still some time my foreskin crosses the neck (ring) and covers the top part its very uncomfortable.. and my lower part of penis and upper part of testis always gets stick together and it feels moist and little oily and little itchy...
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: liley to be extra skin covering the glans penis Detailed Answer: Hi Namasthe Welcome to Heathcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX, Skin crossing the ring(corona) and covering the glans could be due to redundant that is extra skin. Lower part of penile skin sticking to scrotal skin is known as webbed Penis. It would be much more beneficial if you could provide a clinical photograph, in order to guide you further. You can upload image in image up-loader available in the website or alternatively you send mail to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as Attention Dr Deepak XXXXXXX kaltari Take care Best regards Dr Deepak XXXXXXX MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis? 2 days later
So what kind of doctor I should go for ?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Urologist or General Surgeon Consultation Detailed Answer: Greetings Dear XXXX I Suggest you to see an Urologist for further management. Diagnosis requires good clinical examination. Do get back to me if you have any other queries. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis? 54 minutes later
Is it a very serious problem and can it be cured for life time..???

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: simple surgical procedure will be curative Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Dear XXXX There could be extra prepucial skin which if it's covering more than half of glans may require re-circumcision And based on clinical examination findings if it's webbed pen - scrotal fold( penile skin fused significantly to the scrotum skin) it can easily be released by simple surgical procedure. As you also said it's itchy, possibility of fungal infection needs to be considered and ruled out. It can also be easily be treated with antifungal ointment. I would reassure you that there is no cause for concern. Based on clinical examination findings things can be corrected by simple surgical procedure to achieve lifelong solution. Rest be assured everything is alright. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. All that is required is a good visual examination and further management can be planned according. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis? 2 minutes later
Where are you located sir?? Is it possible to get treated by you??

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome Detailed Answer: Hi Dear XXXX I am based in my hometown in North Karnataka, India. You are always welcome to come down to my hospital. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis? 1 minute later
Where I could find the details of your hospital..

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: request you to share your location Detailed Answer: Hi Kindly let me know your location as it should be convenient for you too. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for extra skin covering the glans penis? 43 minutes later
Right now I am in XXXXXXX florida and coming to india in May...

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly contact before coming to India Detailed Answer: Dear Sir You can make note of my profile. When you visit India you can write directly to me , will provide you the exact details of location. In the meantime I request you to close the query if you are satisfied. Assuring you the best Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon