Suggest treatment for erection dysfunction

Jun 2014

I m 42 yrs old . I am having 2 children , 11 and 8 . Currently not able to have desired hardness in penis to have sex. The hardness lasts for a very very short period ( few seconds 15-20). If i want to use condom , the hardness dosen't last . I have just started to use Musli Power Extra abt 15 days , but not showing any significant result.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Psychogenic ED Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this problem. I think, you have psychogenic erection dysfunction. It happens in number of patients. After premature ejaculation, this is the second most common sexual dysfunction in male. First of all, i want to tell about the basic mechanism that lead good erection. It include sexual thoughts, hormone and good penial circulation. When a person has sexual thoughts in mind, that lead to release of some hormone or chemical in body that increase circulation in penis. This lead to complete erection in penis. In absence of any of one, erection would be incomplete. In your case, i think, you are anxious about erection. Due to this underline anxiety about not getting desire erection, you are not able to focus on sex that further increase anxiety, which lead to partial erection. Same thing happens while carrying condom. Remember one thing, sex depends upon sexual thoughts. If you do not maintain sexual thoughts, you would not get desire erection. You should not think about erection at time of sex. Just follow few steps.. 1. Increase duration of foreplay. That would increase sexual urge and duration of sex. (Foreplay is also part of sex. Do not under estimate it.) 2. Try to do sex in different position like female on top, lateral position. That would help you to decrease your attention towards erection. In female on top position, your partner would help to seduce you. 3. Try to do sex in different location at home like while bathing or other location in absence of children. Sometime people become anxious at particular time. That would help you decrease that anxiety. 4. Can try sex in morning time. In morning, male have better erection due to higher level of corticosteroid hormone. 5. Can also try some drugs like tadalafil after consultation of psychiatrist, but remember sex does not depend upon drugs. It is a pleasure that you can get any time and any where. You just need thoughts rather than drugs. Just follow above steps, in case you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist