Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Hi, I have huge difficulty in getting an errection lately and when i do its weak, i also seem to have low urine low, i am 43 years old do some moderate exercise am not overweight and stopped smoking 2 weeks ago. This issue is occuring for last 3 -4 months
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like early erectile dysfunction. Detailed Answer: Hello, Your symptoms are suggestive of erectile dysfunction. It's common to see such complains in mid age. Some medical conditions which can lead to these are diabetes, hypertension, heart or thyroid disorder. Few medications- beta-blockers, heart medications, or consuming excess of alcohol, nicotine, these can be causative factors. If your health is fine without any medical conditions then, a few tests may help us to understand the underlying cause - nocturnal penile tumescence and penile ultrasound with Doppler. According the test results an appropriate management can be suggested. Medical management with oral medications is helpful in most cases. I have also seen people achieving good results with only counselling and support from partner. I would recommend a visit to sex therapist. Hope this answers your questions. Regards.