Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes

Apr 2014

Eleven days ago, I noticed that my lymph node under my armpit was sore. That was without me touching it. Since then, a lymph node in the same armpit has been swollen but only slightly tender to the touch. Along with this, my neck and shoulder on the same side (left) have been very sore. The soreness seems different than my usual stress tension that I get in my neck. It seems like it is possibly related to my lymph nodes. I can control the pain if I take ibuprofen on a regular basis. It takes 600 mg to do any good, though, and it has to be around the clock. Is this anything that I should see a doctor about? If so, at what point?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You need antibiotics. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Probably you have enlarged lymph nodes due to infective etiology.Lymph nodes are the draining sites so these get enlarged during infection. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS.Further investigations can be done if needed. You can take combination tablet of amoxycillin 500 mg and potassium clavulanate 125 mg thrice daily for five days.You should also take probiotics along with amoxycillin. You should also take analgesics with serratopeptidase tablets.You can take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg half hour before food for two weeks as analgesics may cause gastric irritation. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX