Suggest treatment for elevated PSA levels?

General Surgeon
My PSA was 2.0 on 06/07/2013 My PSA was 5.0 on 12/30/2013 I am a 50 year old Caucasian Male non smoker, 6'3", 225 lbs, very healthy, light asthma my mother died from breast cancer at age 65, all four of my grandparents had cancer
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I am concerned.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Sir you psa is strongly elevated and I am concerned about it. I would order for CT/MRI scan along with ultrasound guided biopsies to confirm and exclude prostate cancer. The elevated PSA level along with family history makes it important that you see an urologist at the earliest. Further management will depend upon the histopathology rrport and the extent of the spread. Hope I have answered all your queries. If you have further queries i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma