Suggest treatment for dry sinuses

I have dry sinuses and would like to know which is better a cool mist humidifier or warm?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: saline drops with steam inhalation. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. For dry sinus usually saline nasal drops / spray with steam inhalation (warm) will help you. Since you have chronic sinusitis with dry sinus, for my patients with similar complaints I avoid nasal decongestants and antihistamines as they increase the dryness and advice for the above measures. The cause for the chronic sinusitis shoud also be addressed. The cause may be due to allergy or due to local problem like DNS. So for diagnosing the cause I advice you to consult your doctor(ENT specialist) once. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further related queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health and faster recovery. Regards