Suggest treatment for dry mouth

Question
i have a dry mouth at first and now fuzzy tounge after 0ne week exposure to hiv ,have I picked up hiv
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:

These symptoms are in no way related to a possible HIV infection. The timeline is totally against any possible HIV infection. Am not even sure you need antibiotics for this. I will recommend that you monitor this only and this should regress progressively. Am of the opinion that you probably have a common viral infection and this needs no specific treatment at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if you have any further concerns.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry mouth 1 hour later
Hi Doctor thanks for reply , so scared drinking water to keep mouth dry for 4 to 5 days and just noticed the tongue last few days , the unprotected sex happened on the 19 th is there any chance it’s HIV ? And what good cause the viral infection having a lot of anxiety. Don’t seem have enough salava that’s why drinking water just to keep mouth wet , can sex cause an viral infection. What sort of viral infection could this be as have no cold or similar symptoms just mouth dry and yellow fuzzy tounge.Some web sites say this can be sign of hiv in the mouth drinking water and toung going yellow fuzzy so scared.Don’t seem to have any symptoms of any viral infection just what I read up about HIV very scared

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is not HIV!

Detailed Answer:

I understand your worries. The enormous stress is the problem at this point only makes the symptoms bigger and worse. I strongly recommend that you calm down, eat healthy and stay positive. If you fail to do this, am sorry but you could actually experience all fake symptoms that do not relate to any HIV.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry mouth 10 hours later
Thanks once again, you are 100% corrrct need to calm down , Anxiety seems to be taking over very much at the moment will do my best to calm down and think more positive.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Again, no worries!

Detailed Answer:

This is of no concern. Be calm and all would be okay.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry mouth 34 minutes later
Thanks again but run fingers up arm and a red line appears then goes away if I scratch hard it stays I am sure this must be some indication. Think I might have herpes now I must be at high risk

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
You must control your thoughts!

Detailed Answer:

Your thoughts are really not helping. Most of your worries are not founded and supported by the exposure or information you have provided. My advice is that you say calm and relaxed.

The real problem at this time is your mindset and not any ongoing infection.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry mouth 11 hours later
Thanks for all your help ,keeping my anxiety down better now and thinking better makes all the difference when mind is thinking better ,Anxiety took over everything Thanks

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

Always feel free to contact me if any concerns do arise.

I wish you well.

I have so much anxiety again can't seem to control things I need helps only 15 days since I had unprotected sex can't stop worring

Brief Answer:
Worrying wouldn't change a thing, please don't worry

Detailed Answer:

Worrying changes nothing. it only makes matters worse. I would have sided with you if the risk was founded, but unfortunately, that is simply not true.

You have the key to making yourself happy. Please stop getting worried and all would be definitely figured out.

Like I mentioned earlier, the risk of any infection is minimal.

I wish you well.

Kind Regards