Suggest treatment for dry and itchy ears

I have very dry and itchy ears. As a result, I get occasional ear infections. Can you recommend a product to use to keep the ears moist? Any other recommendations to avoid ear infections?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks or the query. When you ask this question,then I am presuming that you are not suffering  from any impacted ear wax or any skin condition like eczema or psoriasis which may be causing itchy and dry ears. Dry and itchy ears are a very common problem faced by general people. The best way to avoid it is to put  slightly warm olive oil in the night in the ears and then put ear plug or well moist  cotton ball.It should be removed in the morning. To avoid ear infections... 1... Don't scratch the ear with your nails 2.. Try avoiding scratching at any cost 3.. If scratching can't be avoided,then use a cloth handkerchief and  not cotton bud or paper because cotton fibres or paper fibres may get trapped inside in the ear wax and making the ear wax hard. 4.. If your ears are wet and you want to dry them,the best is to use soft light temperature blow drying. 5.. During bath,put a cotton ball soaked in oil or Vaseline so as to avoid getting water inside and then removing it after the bath. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks