Suggest treatment for diverticulitis flare-up with infection

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I have a history of kidney stones and diverticulitis. I have had severe diarrhea for 5 days, nausea and sweats. My stools now look like strings of bloody worms. It actually looks like what you see on the movies as fake guts. Can my intestines be coming out? Should I go to the ER or is this something that will pass and its just another diverticulitis flare up?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go to ER immediately. Detailed Answer: Hi. Your history is suggestive of diverticulitis flare-up with infection. You need to go to ER. This may not pass off on its own, and should not have waited so far. One can not say intestines coming out but this can lead to serious complication. By the time you are seen by a Doctor take only liquids orally to help for any investigations or procedures your Doctor may advise you.