Suggest treatment for depression

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I AM SUCESSFUL LECTURER.AT PRESENT I AM HAVING DEPRESSING FEATURES .IT STARTED 10 YRS BACK. I TAKE MORNING 8.30 BUPRON SR-150MG I TAKE NOON 1.30 MULTIVITAMIN & ARICEP 5MG. I TAKE NITE 10.30 BUPRON SR 150MG. THEN MANAGE SEX. TAKE NITE 1..30 PM ARICEP 5 MG & OLEANZ 0.25 GO TO BED. GET UP AT 8.30 AM IN MORNING. WHAT IS UR VIEW TO THIS ? AND I WANT TO START NEXFOLIN TABLETS ANY PROBLEM ?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can take nexfolin Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic and show your trust on me. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query. First of all, i would discuss about the depression. As you have mentioned that you had severe depression 10 years back and still have underline depressive symptoms, that mean you are towards chronic depression. In that case, may be you need medication for long duration. Nothing to worry about it. It can happen with any one and taking antidepressant for long duration would not harm you. You did not mention how long you have been taking bupron for, but if you have good response with it, carrying on with it. It is one of few antidepressants that do not cause sexual dysfunction as other antidepressant could lead to sexual dysfunction like decrease sexual desire, delayed ejaculation etc. So, nothing wrong in taking it. Lack of concentration, forgetfulness and mood swing are part of depression. In that case, one more antidepressant like paroxetine can be added into the treatment plan. This would give you both, antidepressant effect as well as increase duration at sex by delayed ejaculation. If you are taking aricept for memory issue, then one thing i just want to say, in depression forgetfulness is due to lack of concentration and that can improve with antidepressant. In that case there is no need to take aricept (donapezil). Aricept is normally useful in dementia, which usually occur at old age after 65 years. In your case, there is no need of aricept, so you can stop it after consultation with your psychiatrist. For sleep, you can take oleanz 2.5mg at night, there is nothing harm in it, but do regular exercise to avoid metabolism side effects like weight gain or diabetes. If you want to take Nexfolin, you can take it once in a day. It would increase the efficacy of antidepressant and also help you to get good erection. There is nothing harm in it. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist