Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for dental pain

I am out in the boonies in Nepal and have a dental pain and wondering if any of these in my med kit would help for an infection...ciprofloxin,sulfamthoxozole,erythromycin,metronidazole?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: metronidazole gives good result Detailed Answer: Hi there ; The list of medicines you have mentioned are all antibiotics. You need to have analgesics and antiinflammatory medicines along with antibiotics to give you relief. Metronidazole acts good on gram negative bacteria and can be taken to for dental infections. Along with this you can take antiinflammatory drugs like diclofenac / ibuprofen. Serratiopeptidase may be also taken for additional benefits. Hope this helps. Take care.