Suggest treatment for degenerative disc disease and bulging disk

Nov 2013

I Have degenerative disc disease and a bulging disk and now a spinal fracture and in and around the L5 S1 discs and im on oxycontin 20mg twice a day and still no relief What would recommend
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and treatment received so far. As of now, these are the treatment options for you: 1. Medications such as pregabalin and gabapentin capsules would help you relieve the neuropathic pain. 2. Physiotherapy techniques such as traction, IFT, ultrasound would also relieve the pain. 3. Epidural injections with steroid/local anaesthetic agent would also be helpful. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: