Suggest treatment for de-addiction of alcohol

Hi My brother aged 35 is completely into the addicted for alcohol. We tried lot of times to take medicine for avoiding alcohol but he refused. Currently he is in a mind set to take, can you suggest which is best or what kind of treatment
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Visit Deaddiction centre Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. A better choice of medication to get rid of the addiction is LIBRIUM and DISULFIRAM. Both the medications have side effects of their own and can get serious if not monitored by doctors. Also self medication with any medications especially in chronic alcoholic could be XXXXXXX Hence, I suggest you to take him to a better deaddiction centre for safe and healthy deaddiction. Regards,