Suggest treatment for cough,cold,fever and body ache in winters?
User rating for this question
I have cough and cold and body temperature is at about 100 degree. I feel the body is aching throughout as well. The symptoms are there since yesterday morning. I took two tablets of paracetamol yesterday but there isn't much improvement today. I am 30 year old male and weigh about 70 kgs. Request you to advise appropriate medication.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Viral infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You have cough, cold, fever and body ache in the winter month and all this generally goes in favour of viral infections. Viral infections present with fever and do take 2-4 days to settle down. The most you can do is take pain killers, antipyretics, plenty of fluids and rest. You have tried paracetamol yesterday, but you will have to take it daily. If it doesnt help you then you may take other options like Ibuprofen also. If the fever doesnt subside in 3 days times then you may get a complete blood count done to identify if there is any bacterial infection. There is no sense in starting antibiotic at this stage. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Skin on top of head hurts
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and body ache
- Drugs for coxsackie b virus
- Strange infant head movement
- Crawling sensation on lower legs
- Pulse inside of head
- The departed cranberry juice
- Suggest treatment for coughcoldfever and body ache in winters
- Uvula deviation cranial nerve
- Instant pain in the head
- Pain in head when inhale
- Suggest treatment for cough with feverbody chills and body aches
- Missed period nausea and cramps
- Suggest treatment for shortness of breath with body aches
- Suggest treatment for fever with body-ache