Suggest treatment for constipation

Hi, My 2 year and 3 months son is given piclin kid for constipation. He has taken this 3 months but once I stop the medicine he is constipated. He is having this constipation problem for around 8-9 months. Can this medicine be given for longer? How long will it take to get rid of this problem? Is there any natural way to get rid of this problem?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query . I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Constipation is mostly diet related. I suggest you to : -give him plenty of fluids and diet rich in fibre -Give cereals,green leafy vegetable ,fruit like papaya . -Avoid tinned and processed food. -Give honey with warm water first thing in morning . -Give him sitz bath that is made him sit in tub of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes . Laxatives should not be given for longer period. Change his dietary habits and gradually his condition will be better. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further . Wishing your child good health . God bless .