Suggest treatment for constipation

Dear Sir, I am having stomach problem every time. Bowel movement is not happening properly. Kindly suggest to get rid from this problem permanently. Also, I having pain in left side of my chest. This is having since long time and I had done check up as ECG and ultra sound but I dint find any result. All the reports came normal. The pain is like, some thing is pinching in left side of chest.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: gastritis related pain Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I am sorry about your health problems. For the stomach problem, you need to increase fiber content in your diet. Consume more of fruits like Plantain or bananas, apples, oranges that are rich in fiber. This will help in easy passage of stools. You must also drink plenty of fluids orally as much as you can. This is the permanent solution to the problem. For temporary relief, I prescribe my patients laxatives like Cremaffin plus 15 ml at bed time for not more than 5 days. The pain in the left side of your chest is most likely due to gastritis. As you ECG and ultrasound is normal, we can conclude that this is mainly due to gastritis. For this again, you must follow healthy diet like non-spicy, non-oily food. Avoid junk food. Take more of vegetables and fruits. I prescribe my patients a short course of antacids like Capsule Pantodac DSR one tablet early in the morning on empty stomach for 3 weeks. Hope this helps you. Get well soon. Regards,