Suggest treatment for constipation and bleeding during bowel movement

hi I am constipated for past couple of days. It is bleeding during bowel movement. I have been applying lox ointments but not much relief. I have been drinking enough water and consuming fibre in my diet. pls suggest a remedy.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Lactulose + warm sitz bath.. Detailed Answer: Hi, If its very hard and painful to pass stools, I would start you on stool softener such as Syp Lactulose 15-20ml at night along with XXXXXXX warm sitz bath. Both these measures can be used briefly as you plan an appointment with a surgeon / proctologist to rule out fissure/hemorrhoids. Please continue drinking sufficient water and fibre rich diet. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards