Suggest treatment for compressed nerves with stiffness and pain?

Maybe,or at least I hope so, I have this nerve pain that feels like a raw nerve in the back of my throat it comes and goes, right now its fired up maybe because I ate badly not sure but I feel it in my head and all the way down to my feet? Is that crazy??? I had a bad car wreck whwere I hit a tree and suffered severe whiplash but was never treated over ten years I've discovered my neck is way to straight and there is some damage resulting in the pressure to the vertebrae...I'm assum,ing it has something to do with this raw nerve feeling in the back of my throat like as if my Vagus nerve is aggravated but what can I do about that??? I guess I'm not sure who I should see as a specialist either and I don't have a lot of faith in my GP. Would a neurologist be a good idea for something like this??? It's somewhat serious I think especially since every time I run now my heart rate is weird at first. I raced on New Years and it skyrocketed to like 190 or so for the first mile and then it dropped down to like 160 or so. It's been doing that since about October which is about how long I've been having these crazy symptoms. It definitely affects my stomach to, a lot of nausea and weird nervy pain in my stomach and even down into my rectum during bowel movements!? Tell me thats not weird!? My muscles often feel a little crampy especially in my feet and hands and my limbs often fall asleep even when it makes little sense??? There is weird head pressure and constantly trying to crack my neck to relieve the pressure but it rarely helps. My face and mouth muscle feel stiff and of course at ground zero down in my throat I've every bad feeling/sensation you can imagine. From lump in throat feeling to stiff muscles and burning pain which feels like its eating through the back of my throat. I've noticed drinking cold things can now cause a really extreme cold headaches that radiate into my head and down my sternum as well.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that I do understand the agony you are going through because of these annoying symptoms but in my opinion most of your problems are due to anxiety . But two things need to be addressed , first a cervical cord examination and imaging is required to see for any compression of nerves that is leading to stiffness and diffuse pain as you also have a history of whiplash injury . Your vagus is not aggravated so dont worry about that . Second your vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 levels need to be tested whose deficiency can also lead to similar symptoms . Your abdominal symptoms can be due to Irritable Bowel syndrome . I will advise you to see a neurologist for the above complaints . Take care. Dr. Shruti