Suggest treatment for clitoral pain

I am a 30 yr old single woman. I have not been sexually active in years but I masturbate frequently and sometimes my clit will start to hurt and continue to hurt the next day. Is there anything topical I can use to ease the pain?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use some mositurizing cream locally. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. You can use some moisturizing cream locally to ease the discomfort, along with that you can take some oral analgesic drugs for pain relief, like Ibuprofen or aceclofenac tablets. As the clitoral area is very sensitive I usually don't recommend any analgesic cream. Please be gentle when you masturbate and keep the clitoral area clean and dry. You can even try a sitz bath. Have a look at your clitoral area carefully, if you find any lesion or excoriation then its better you dont masturbate for few days till the lesion gets healed. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!