Suggest treatment for chronic neuropathic Pain

Excellent

Question
feel half of my body different from 18 years old now I am 77 the differens is in sensation like one side of the dody is more sensitive the side is changing one nose is plugged one side itching one side is cold more painfull ADD TO THE PREVIOUS QUESTION:NIFEDIPIN ABOLISH THE SYMPTOMS OF HEMIDYSESTHESIA I THINK IT IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE HIGHEST SYMPATHETIC CENTER IN THE BRAIN IN HYPOTHALAMUS I FORGET THE DISEASE NAME I AM ANESTHETIST AND READ ABOUT THIS SYMPTOMS IN MERCK MANUAL 30 YEARS AGO SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I AM HUNGARIAN BEST REGARDS I HOPE YOU FIND THE NAME FOR MY SYMPATHETIC DYSESTHESIA AND THE TREATMENT AND THE CAUSE OF IT
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Causalgia / Chronic Neuropathic pain Detailed Answer: Hi, You had already told that it is Dysesthesia, that means the pain preceived by brain is more than it appears in the form of tissue injury. This is called chronic Neuropathic Pain or causalgia. It results from damage or dysfunction of the peripheral nerves or central nervous system, rather than stimulation of pain receptors. Treatment is opioids with or without antidepressants, psychologic treatments, physical methods like TENS, counter irritation.