Suggest treatment for chronic constipation caused after a Caesarean Section

General Surgeon
live southern XXXXXXX ...have had constipation from last child born 1986 (Caesarean Section). used to be severe Pain left side .... dr suggested diet ..... no 2014!!!!!. destroyed home life, health, family, work, income (so much spent on dr and medication)....soo many colonoscopies, etc, but that is as far as doctors take it..... I have the best diet one could imagine. Please help. Am I given to understand that this is a one off payment of €18. If it isn't I don't wish to correspond. I have already spent so much I haven't what would buy me a new coat, never mind spend more on doctors than I am alredy spending.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: continue laxatives Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Sorry to disappoint you, but if in almost 30 years and so many doctors and colonoscopies, no effective cure has been found, then you will have to live with it. I think that in that severe infection following your c-section has damaged the nerves supplying your rectum. And nerves can not be regenrated by any means. All you can do now is continue laxatives and high fiber diet like oats and bananas. You can also try drugs which increase the motility of the bowel. Here at my clinic i use levosulpride, but as it is a prescription drug and i dont know if it is available at your place, so you need to consult your local doctor for the same. Hope i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma