Suggest treatment for chest pain,sore throat,coughing with nausea and stomcah pain?

I have been sick for weeks now and my symptoms include chest pain, sore throat, coughing extremely badly and very often, sometimes my coughing is followed by throwing up. i have also had bouts of extreme nausea. stomach pain. fatigue. difficulty breathing and when i breathe out it makes a weird sound like a wheezing sound. ive had these symptoms for about 2 weeks and its gradually been getting worse. I do not have health insurance and i need to know if I need to go to a hospital or not. Im not sure what to do but the pain and coughing and throwing up just keeps getting worse and i am also a smoker. probably stupid to smoke while sick. i feel like there is pain in my chest and lungs.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief definitely need admission in the hospital Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. I can understand your problem very well and probably you are hesitating to go to hospital because of presence of a small child in your home,but the fact is that you are in acute asthma attack and you definitely need a hospital admission for few days so that your symptoms can be managed by oxygen therapy along with intravenous corticosteroids and bronchodilators. Once your acute symptoms are settled,you can be treated as OPD patient with inhaled bronchodilators. Since smoking is a very bad trigger for precipitation of asthma attack,you have to quit it at any cost so as to avoid future complications. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for chest pain,sore throat,coughing with nausea and stomcah pain? 48 minutes later
Initially a few weeks ago I was told I had tonsillitis, then I was told I had the flu and took tamiflu. But my symptoms have been getting worse. Im not sure what an acute asthma attack is but I am breathing. It just feels like im breathing rapidly a lot of the time along with the chest pain and coughing and vomiting and also going number 2 A LOT . (Im sorry I know that's gross) I have bad congestion and constantly blowing my nose, swallowing phlegm or coughing stuff up. My nose runs 24/7 and I feel exhausted.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
Hello, Your symptoms of extreme coughing not relived in past two weeks,worsening symptoms,wheezing sounds do indicate acute asthmatic attack and the best would be to go to ER,so that your acute symptoms be managed as early as possible. Thanks