Suggest treatment for chest pain after bypass surgery

I had bypass surgery 2yrs ago and a valve fitted to my heart After the operation I had an infection in the chest wound They operated again scraped and wired up my chest but I am still having chest pain mainly on the right side It also gets sore after driving the car some distance XXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely local inflammation.. Get second opinion Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Your symptoms do not suggest any relation to your Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). However, it is better to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT). If it is normal, nothing to do – except to repeat annually. If in doubt, further work up is done.. The events suggest local cause – related to rib, muscle and so on. Have a second opinion from a surgical colleague. A CT scan of the chest may throw light on the underlying problem / at times an unrelated issue… Over The Counter (OTC) Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) / muscle relaxants / anxiolytics will be useful in the meanwhile... Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless